For many years, hoop earrings have been a famous choice but people today prefer to add the sparkle of diamonds into their pieces. Diamond hoop earrings project class and elegance, catching people’s attention and making a great impression. But, because there are many styles, price points, sizes, and metals to pick from, it can be difficult to choose the best pair. Use this guide and have a look on MYEL Design to help you make the right choice.
Styles of Diamond Hoop Earrings
The market today is filled with the following diamond hoop earrings styles:
- Small hoops. These pieces are perfect for everyday wear. But, they feature the sophistication and brilliance of a diamond without getting too much attention.
- Diamond huggies. These earrings are small versions of the hoop. In general, they are wider than regular hoops. They complement all hair lengths and face shapes.
- Big hoops. Wearing these pieces will make the wearer looking stunning at nightouts. They complement and updo hairstyle and draws attention to the face.
- Extra large hoops. These hoops are showcased by celebrities and fashion enthusiasts.
- Infinity hoops. These are dangly versions of the hoop and best worn with an updo hairstyle to emphasize the earrings’ beauty.
Settings or Metals
In terms of diamond hoop settings, the prong and the claw are the most famous. The prong setting is the most budget-friendly option. The prong’s claws protect and hold the stone in place while letting the diamond shine bright. Moreover, the diamond in hoop earrings can also be held through a channel setting. Prongs don’t hold the stone in this setting. Rather, the diamond is set within a groove in the metal.
Diamonds are quite flexible and look stunning in all metals. Every metal has its unique asset.
- Yellow gold. This is the purest color of all gold metals. It makes an attractive set of diamond hoops with a classic royal flair.
- Platinum. This is the most expensive kind of metal. When paired with diamonds, platinum offers a highly brilliant outcome with opulent diamonds resting in a sparkly metal.
- White gold and platinum. Although these metals look similar, white gold tends to more affordable than the other. It has a bright sparkle and compliments the brilliance of a diamond.
- Sterling silver. This a classic, budget-friendly metal for hoop earrings. Diamond hoop earrings with this metal can be worn with casual outfits.
- Rose gold. This yellow gold alloy makes a beautiful and romantic effect. It is durable and can create an enchanting match when combined with diamonds.